A Deep Dive into the Secretary of Interior’s Standards
This workshop will discuss the application of the Secretary of the Interior Standards (SOIS) by leading preservation professionals, planners, architects and others. Case studies will also be analyzed and discussed by workshop participants to practice applying the standards to a variety of buildings, structures, objects and cultural landscapes. The workshop will conclude with a walking tour of nearby historic resources to discuss the SOIS as well.
- Kim Butt, AIA ASSOC. DBIA, Principal, TreanorHL
- Elizabeth Graux, AIA, Architect, TreanorHL
- Ruth Todd, FAIA, Principal, Page & Turnbull
- Juliet Arroyo, Planner, City of San Jose
- Christopher VerPlanck, Founder & Owner, VerPlanck Historic Resource Consulting
Other speakers to be announced
You Will Be Able To...
- Understand the philosophy behind of the U.S. Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines.
- How to sucessfully apply the U.S. Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines using case studies.
- Recognize the role the U.S. Secretary of the Interior's Standards play in addressing less well-known resource types.
- Understand the variety of approaches used to implement an effective preservation program and to manage change to historic properties.