The California Preservation Foundation (CPF) as the statewide historic preservation organization, is concerned with ideas and issues of state-level significance and relevance. While our public policy interest typically focuses on legislative and administrative actions at the state level, CPF receives many requests for assistance on preservation projects and programs at the local level.
Because individual requests for assistance or intervention at the local level have the potential to surpass CPF’s ability to respond, the Board of Trustees has developed thisIntervention Policy. This policy sets the criteria and methods for intervention to provide guidance to CPF staff and local individuals and organizations on how intervention decisions are made so that CPF has the greatest possible impact.
Criteria for Intervention
Requests for CPF support shall be evaluated, in part, based on the resource’s cultural significance and the statewide or national significance of the issue. In considering a higher level of involvement, it is important to take into account various criteria regarding the historic place and CPF’s ability to respond. The following criteria serve as a basis for determining the dedication of CPF staff and resources to the threat.
- Will it have a state or national impact?
- Do we have the capacity and/or funding to take it on?
- Does it offer opportunities for engagement with existing or new audiences?
- Does it offer opportunities for coalition building?
- Is this a short- or long-term effort?
Do you need assistance?
Please contact us at 415-495-0349 x204 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- The name of the individual(s) and/or organization(s) seeking support;
- The type of support requested;
- A full description of the issue, including central concerns, major parties involved, work undertaken, future actions pending, and significant dates;
- Substantiation of the historic merit of the property endangered;
- A description of the organization making the request and its interest and standing in regard to the issue; and,
You can also fill out the Advocacy Assistance Request Form. CPF’s decision will be communicated to the local contact seeking our assistance.