Get CPF updates
Sign up below to receive advocacy alerts and updates from CPF.
As a statewide historic preservation organization, the California Preservation Foundation is concerned with ideas and issues of state-level significance and relevance. While our public policy interest typically focuses on legislative and administrative actions at the state level, CPF receives many requests for assistance on preservation projects and programs at the local level.
Our resources are limited, making it impossible to take action on every request for assistance. To help prioritize requests, the Board of Trustees has developed an Intervention Policy which sets the criteria and methods for intervention, providing guidance to CPF staff and local individuals and organizations on how intervention decisions are made so that CPF has the greatest possible impact.
Criteria for Intervention
Requests for CPF support shall be evaluated, in part, based on the resource’s cultural significance and the statewide or national significance of the issue. In considering a higher level of involvement, it is important to take into account various criteria regarding the historic place and CPF’s ability to respond. The following criteria serve as a basis for determining the dedication of CPF staff and resources to the threat.
- Will it have a state or national impact?
- Do we have the capacity and/or funding to take it on?
- Does it offer opportunities for engagement with existing or new audiences?
- Does it offer opportunities for coalition building?
- Is this a short- or long-term effort?
Do you need assistance?
Please contact us at 415-495-0349 or by emailing email@example.com and provide us with the following information:
- The name of the individual(s) and/or organization(s) seeking support;
- The type of support requested;
- A full description of the issue, including central concerns, major parties involved, work undertaken, future actions pending, and significant dates;
- Substantiation of the historic merit of the property endangered;
- A description of the organization making the request and its interest and standing in regard to the issue; and,
You can also fill out the Advocacy Assistance Request Form. CPF’s decision will be communicated to the local contact seeking our assistance.
Increase our capacity
Our members and supporters provide the funds and energy needed to take action on issues ranging from saving individual houses to proposing or resisting statewide legislation. If you would like to support our work and help increase our capacity, become a member today, or consider making a contribution to our advocacy fund. Donations to the Advocacy Fund are matched, dollar for dollar, by an anonymous donor, and help ensure CPF can advocate for historic preservation around the state.
Use the form below to submit a request for assistance.
Use the form below to request an Advocacy Alert be sent to CPF’s 15,000 members and supporters. Please provide as much information as possible, including a contact name for follow up.