Annual Awesome Auction Ends @ 8pm Pacific 12/16
The 1905 Marston House was built for the family of noted civic leader and merchant George W. Marston, whose lifelong dedication was to community improvements through historic preservation, cultural landscape conservation, architecture and urban planning, libraries, and archiving regional history.
The home is one of California’s finest examples of Arts and Crafts architecture. With five acres of landscaped gardens and canyon, it stands as San Diego’s most important remaining building designed by the architectural firm of Hebbard & Gill and master architects and landscape designers. Landscape architect John Nolen, who created San Diego’s first urban plan, reworked the initial plans for an update to the beautiful formal garden in the late 1920s.
This package is irresistible for any fan of architect Irving Gill! Generously donated by Save Our Heritage Organisation (SOHO), this bid includes:
- 4 Admission Tickets to the Marston House Museum
- Irving Gill: Progress & Poetry in Architecture
- The Marston House Museum & Gardens Photo Guide Book
- The Art Traveler Guide: A Portrait of Balboa Park
- Balboa Park Exposition Designers 1915-1935
- Bankers Hill Historic Walking Tour
- Clairemont “The Village Within a City” Self-Guided Driving Tour
- Set of 4 Marston House Pin-Back Buttons
- 4 Notecards Featuring c.1910 Glass Slide Images of Irving Gill-Designed Sites
Package valued at $140