Design Review: The Planner’s Perspective
Planners are the first step in the long dialogue between developer, architect, commissioner, and public. A commission or board often relies on the judgment of planning staff on a range of design considerations, including the Secretary of Interior's Standards, Integrity, and overlay zones or local historic districts. In Design Review, managing the process is just as important as managing the client, and clarity in the process from the project submitter and design team helps the planner and design review board make an informed decision. This session will look at Design Review from the planner's perspective. Real projects will be presented as case studies for the planners to deliberate in an open panel format.
- Better understanding of what makes a compatible design, compatible
- Increased knowledge and appreciation of historical design concepts
- Greater awareness of common pitfalls in preservation design
- Better understanding of the Standards' review process for success in CEQA review and possible Tax Credits applications
- Moderator: Taylor Louden, AIA, Principal, GTL Architecture
Posted in: Design Review, Webinars