Implementing & Managing a Mills Act Program
Since its introduction in the 1970s, the Mills Act has grown to be the most significant financial incentives available in the state for qualified historic buildings. This webinar will be led by experts from across the state and at the California Office of Historic Preservation. You will learn from case studies, gain insight on implementing and managing Mills Act contracts and weigh the financial impacts of the program.
You Will Be Able To...
- Weigh the financial benefits and costs of a Mills Act contract for various property types.
- Examine the typical terms and obligations of a contract.
- Understand the relationship between the Secretary's Standards for Rehabilitation and the Mills Act.
- Identify key strategies that planners or consultants use to monitor and manage Mills Act contracts.
- Shannon Lauchner, Certified Local Government Coordinator, California Office of Historic Preservation
- Katie Horak, Principal, Architectural Historical & Preservation Planner, Architectural Resources Group
- Ili Lobaco, Former Planner, City of Monrovia