Capitalizing on Opportunity: Financial Incentives for Historic Properties – LIVE BROADCASTNote: This is the LIVE BROADCAST for an on-site workshop at Claremont. Certain portions of the day, such as tours, may not be available for broadcast. You will receive Continuing Education units for your attendance as long as you sign in.
This all-day workship will be live at Claremont Heritage and also broadcast across the state. You have the option of registering for this live workshop or registering for the online broadcast here. The workshop will assist existing and prospective owners and developers of historic properties in identifying financial, tax, and regulatory incentives that can be used to offset rehabilitation and maintenance costs. Focused towards owners, developers, preservation advocates, and municipal planners, case examples illustrate the wide range of incentives available nationally and locally, the associated eligibility requirements, and how to gain access to financial incentives for historic preservation. Speakers are program administrators, accounting professionals, and experienced preservation experts.
- Learn about Façade Easements, Mills Act, Tax Credit programs, rebate offers, filming revenue, and Grants that benefit older properties.
- Learn about the eligibility requirements, differences between the incentives, and how they can or cannot be combined.
- Understand application process for each program, who the reviewing authority is, and any costs of applying/participating.
- Determine which incentives a property is eligible for, how to calculate the anticipated financial benefits and know their duration and any associated complexities, and understand how to combine incentives.
- Jennifer L. Trotoux, Senior Associate, Architectural Historian and Historic Preservation Planner, Architectural Resources Group
- Tara Hamacher, President, Historic Consultants
- Adriana Lim, Real Estate Appraiser, LA County Office of the Assessor Jeffrey Prang
- Nels Youngborg, Senior Associate / Historic Preservation Planner, Chattel Inc
- Cindy Heitzman, Executive Director, California Preservation Foundation
- Sheri Aguirre, Managing Director, California Earthquake Authority Brace + Bolt Programs
- Janiele Maffei, Chief Mitigation Officer, California Earthquake Authority
- Stacey De Shazo, Evans & De Shazo, LLC
- Naomi Miroglio, Principal, ARG