Planning & Zoning – Part 3: Section 106 and Large-scale Infrastructure
This webinar will look at large-scale infrastructure projects throughout California as they pertain to preservation planning. Roads, railroads, waterways, and transmission lines all present unique circumstances that often require macro-level planning efforts and extensive coordination. By examining these various resource types and the programmatic approaches to their management, this presentation aims to aid in development of effective planning strategies. It would be applicable to transportation planners, preservation planners, county governments, local governments, and consultants who deal with transportation or infrastructure planning, including Section 106 consultants.
- Identifying the federal requirements and framework associated with large infrastructure projects.
- Examining successful programmatic approaches to cultural resource compliance.
- Exploring the unique challenges associated with long linear resources.
- Emphasizing the importance of active engagement between agencies, consultants, and stakeholders.
- Alexandra Neeb, Section 106 Coordinator, California Department of Transportation
- Meg Scantlebury, Cultural Resources Manager, California High-Speed Rail Authority