Tour Downtown L.A. Adaptive Reuse Projects by Rooftop
Los Angeles is in the midst of a major construction boom that is revitalizing many areas of downtown, including the historic core. Adaptive reuse projects have been recently been completed or are underway at some of the largest buildings in the historic core, that will continue to transform the area into a trendy hotel, residential, shopping and eating destination.
- Start at the adaptive reuse of the Commercial Exchange Building into the Freehand Hotel
- End the tour at the original Bank of Italy’s transformation into the newly opened NoMad Hotel
- Enjoy no-host drinks and a social reception at the Nomad Hotel rooftop bar.
Photos from Last Year's Tour
- Learn identification of character defining features
- Learn the challenges and opportunities of adaptive reuse projects
- Learn methods of restoring historic materials, including wood, brick, cast stone and Terracotta
- Understand best practices for collaborating between Owner, Architect, Preservation Consultant and Contractor