The California Preservation Foundation (CPF), a 501c3 nonprofit, was incorporated in 1978. We now support a national network of more than 20,000 members and supporters. Click here to learn how you can become a member.
Welcome to Our Team
Become a member today and join our team! We are a community of architects, designers, preservationists, and architecture fans who come together to support a singular mission: to save historic places. We can't do it without you! Click here to join us.
Get CPF updates
Sign up below to receive advocacy alerts and updates from CPF.
Search for Preservation Jobs
View preservation job listings in California and beyond. To add a new job listing, use the link at the bottom of the page or contact us at email@example.com.
On-Call Architectural Historians
The On-Call Architectural Historian position requires a M.A. in architectural history, historic preservation, history, or closely related ﬁeld; experience in completing NRHP, CRHR, and local register evaluations; experience in completing architectural history field surveys; and experience with the history and architecture of California. Candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards for Architectural History are preferred.
On-Call Architectural Historian duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting architectural history field surveys and monitoring
- Conducting historic resource assessments/evaluations according to local, state, and federal criteria of significance.
- Preparation of DPR 523 Series forms.
- Assisting, as needed, in preparation of technical reports.
- Conducting primary/secondary archival research including CHRIS records searches.
- Preparation of compliance documentation in support of CEQA/NEPA/Section 106 review.
- Support project manager, as needed, with duties such as staffing, scheduling, budgeting and allocating resources to meet project requirements.
- Supporting, as needed, the proposal development process for new business activities (includes qualifications, scopes of work, and cost estimates).
- Attend and participate, as needed, in business development activities
PaleoWest Archaeology (PaleoWest) is looking to immediately hire several On-Call Architectural Historians for projects based out of its southern and northern California offices (San Diego, Orange County, Monrovia, Walnut Creek).
Founded in 2006, PaleoWest has carried out projects from coast to coast and internationally. Our services include architectural history, historic and prehistoric archaeology, paleontology, maritime archaeology, public outreach, tribal consultation, and GIS services.
Pay Range (Annual): Commensurate with Experience/Negotiable
Location: , CA
Job Type: Part Time
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please email a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: On-Call Architectural Historian.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or affectional or sexual orientation.