Neon Museum: A Mid-Century Case Study
- Free for California Preservation Foundation members and partners, including Restore Oregon, The Nevada Preservation Foundation, The Nevada Architectural History Alliance, and The Neon Museum.
Get a glimpse at the trials and tribulations of moving the mid-century La Concha motel lobby to a new site and converting into use as entry to the Las Vegas Neon Museum. Learn how a team of advocates for its protection, a structural engineer, and a consulting preservation architect worked together to save the iconic structure. This event is FREE to all California Preservation Foundation members and $15 for non-members.
Documents and Downloads
- Robert Chattel, AIA, Preservation Architect, Chattel, Inc.
- Nancy Deaner, Director, Office of Cultural Affairs, City of Las Vegas
- Mel Green, Structural Engineer, Melvyn Green & Associates, Inc.
- Shane Swerdlow, Project Manager, Chattel, Inc.
- Mara Jones, Architectural Historian, Nevada State Historic Preservation Office
- Danielle Kelly, Executive Director & CEO, The Neon Museum, Las Vegas
Posted in: Advocacy, Architectural Styles & Periods, Free Events, Modernism, Webinars