The Secretary of Interior Standards in Action
This intensive, one-day workshop will delve into the do's and don'ts of treatment in order to meet the Secretary of Interior Standards for Rehabilitation. Particular attention will be paid to materials, safety, and the often-subjective Standard #9. Using case studies from Stanford and the greater Bay Area, attendees will examine the standards' relationship with material, setting, and integrity. The workshop will close with a tour of exemplary sites on the Stanford campus to show the challenges of meeting the standards and creative solutions to maintaining compliance with the standards.
- Differentiate between projects that meet the standards and those that fail to comply
- Balance financial, environmental, and safety demands of projects with the Standards
- Engage with creative methods for meeting the standards using solutions from case examples
- Examine projects on the Stanford campus and the measures used to meet the Standards for Rehabilitation.
- Mark Huck, AIA, Restoration Architect, California Office of Historic Preservation
- Sapna Marfatia, Associate Architect, Stanford University Architect / Campus Planning and Design
- H. Ruth Todd, AIA, AICP, LEED AP, Principal, Page & Turnbull
- Chris Wasney, AIA, Founding Principal, Cody Anderson Wasney Architects Inc.
Documents & Downloads