How Façade Ordinances Affect Your Historic Building
Façade inspections are undertaken for a variety of reasons: they may be required by city ordinance, safety concerns, selling or purchasing a property, capital proejct planning, or to identify maintenance needs. Many eastern and midwestern cities have facade ordinances requiring periodic inspection of building facades over a certain height. San Francisco is in the process of developing a facade ordinance. This webinar will discuss facade ordinances, ASTM standards for facade inspections and the proposed San Francisco ordinance. We will describe the components of facade inspection programs, using example buildings. Finally, we will show photos of the most common signs of facade problems.
- Carolyn Searls, P.E. LEED AP BD+C, Senior Principal, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- Other speakers to be announced!
- Understand the requirements of different city façade ordinances, including San Francisco's.
- List the steps involved in a successful building enclosure inspection program.
- List inspection techniques and different technologies
- List common indicators of building enclosure degredation.