Striking a Balance – Fire Protection and Historic Buildings
This webinar will present a wholistic approach to fire protection addressing occupancy, building construction, fire detection, and fire suppression and how they are applied together to achieve a safe building while retaining character and fabric in historic buildings. Specific case studies will be presented to reinforce the concepts of fire detection and suppression.
- Understand a holistic approach to fire protection
- Understand the need to develop a clear approach to developing and presenting alternative methods for fire protection in historic buildings
- Understand different approaches to fire detection
- Understand different appraoches to fire suppression
- Cheryl Domnitch, Senior Fire Protection Engineer, Hughes Associates
- Kurt Schindler, AIA, LEED® AP, Principal, ELS Architecture and Urban Design