‘Winning’ Wine Pairings for Exemplary Design
Join the California Preservation Foundation and Wine Educator and Sommelier, Martha Hoag, on this virtual journey through the state’s best wine paired with the state’s best historic preservation projects. This celebration of our last four years of Preservation Design Award winners includes the stories behind these exemplary projects in six main themes. Each theme will be paired with wines that illustrate the challenges and opportunities that these projects engender. Project Designers and teams will talk about their work, followed by a curated wine selection by Hoag.
Themes explored and highlighted award projects include…
- Spectacle and Imagination: Oakland Monster + The Picture Bridge at the Langham Huntington Hotel
- Sacred Spaces and the Inner Sanctum: First Congregational Church of Long Beach
- Sustainability, Conservation, and Stewardship: Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) Headquarters Rehabilitation
- Physical Culture: FORT: LA – Trails
- Béton brut, Bricks, and More: San Francisco Animal Care and Control
- The Big Reveal from Behind the Curtain: The Presidio Theatre
About the Sommelier
Martha Hoag is a twice-certified Sommelier (ISG and WSET) with over 15 years of winery experience, including 7 years as the presenting sommelier for Joseph Phelps Vineyards and as Wine Club Manager at Anaba Vineyards. She is currently faculty/lecturer at Wells College new hospitality business program. She is a lover of architecture and design, as a past member of DIFFA/Chicago, as well as the veteran of many preservation projects. Martha and her husband currently reside in Ithaca, NY, which is deep in America’s oldest fine wine region.